Are you an experienced leader with a passion for education and making a difference in the lives of young people? Manor Hall Academy Trust is seeking individuals with the following characteristics, attributes, and experience to join our dedicated team of Directors:
- Management Experience: Experience in managing an organisation with multiple sites/subsidiaries, ensuring financial obligations are met, and implementing robust financial controls.
- Collaborative and Supportive: Skilled at working with colleagues in a supportive, helpful, and constructive manner to ensure effective Board meetings.
- Commitment and Enthusiasm: Willingness to devote time, enthusiasm, and effort to the duties and responsibilities of a Non-Executive Director/Trustee.
Highlights and Benefits
By becoming a Director at Manor Hall Academy Trust, you will be actively making a positive impact on the lives of our pupils. Your contribution will help ensure robust governance, sound decision-making, and meticulous financial management, all aimed at providing an excellent education to our students.
Candidates will be required to undergo a current DBS check as part of the recruitment process.
Our Directors are essential to Manor Hall’s collaborative and resilient structure, committed to providing the best outcomes for children. We are looking for candidates who share our ethos and values and demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Keen Interest: A strong interest in the Trust, our schools, and the areas of SEND/AP and PRUs.
- Ethos Promotion: Actively promoting and embodying our ethos and values with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment: Devoting sufficient time and effort to be effective in this role, including completing pre-reading.
- Strategic Thinker: A strategic thinker with the ability to think creatively.
- Legal Understanding: A comprehensive understanding of the legal responsibilities, obligations, and liabilities of being a Director.
- Team Player: Good team working skills and the ability to work effectively with other Directors.
- Confident Communication: Confidence to express respectful opinions, question, or challenge items within meetings.
- Confidentiality: Awareness of the need for meeting details to remain confidential.
- Effective Communication: Demonstrating excellent communication skills, including tactfulness and impartiality.
- Trust’s Code of Conduct: Adherence to the Trust’s Code of Conduct.
As a Director, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the compliance, strategy, and governance of Manor Hall Academy Trust. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance with Articles of Association and applicable legislation and regulations.
- Providing strategic direction to the Trust concerning growth, target setting, and performance monitoring.
- Monitoring the financial stability of the organisation and approving budgets and accounts.
- Overseeing teaching and learning within the Trust and appointing senior staff.
- Dealing with areas of non-compliance and participating in disciplinary processes.
- Contributing to trustee meetings and committees, supporting and challenging senior staff.
- Declaring any conflicts of interest and complying with statutory guidance.
- Visiting our schools and engaging in Local Advisory Board meetings.
Join Our Board
If you share our commitment to educational excellence and making a difference in children’s lives, we invite you to review the Areas of Expertise document and complete the Pen Profile to showcase how you would add value as a Non-Executive Director/Trustee. For any questions or further discussions, please contact us.
Please note that shortlisted candidates for the Director position consent to an online search in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance 2023.
Together, let’s shape a brighter future for our students at Manor Hall Academy Trust. Join us on this rewarding journey.